I've had a few amazing sessions lately and wanted to share. Typically the winter is "off season" for us photographers, but I've had a few brave souls embrace the cold which resulted in some awesome images. Here are my TOP 5 reasons to try a winter shoot!
- Embrace the season! Living in New England has so many natural wonders. Sometimes we can see all 4 seasons in one day! We tend to coupe ourselves up, some fresh air and exploring will do you good, I promise!!
- Less crowds for popular places - As a photographer, or a really shy couple - this one is the best!! I don't have to worry about getting folks out of my shot, and you don't have to worry about having an audience while you're getting your photos done.
- Snow is a natural reflector/winter light is flattering - Oh man, the light!! Winter light can be really gorgeous. When there's snow on the ground it's a natural reflector so the light will bounce back up into your face and make a really nice even lighting scenario that us photographers just love!
- It's cold - so you have to cuddle up! - What better for a couples or engagement session right?! Let's feel the love and heat it UP.
- Getting your photos done early - for save the dates etc will save you stress! - This has been super helpful for my couples who use their engagement photos for save-the-date cards or to have nice printed photos for a guest book at the wedding etc. Doing an engagement or warm-up session before the wedding will help you get comfortable in front of the camera and get to know your photographer better; so when the big day comes you'll be more relaxed- WIN!
Hope this was helpful!! Here are some recent favorite WINTER Engagement/couples sessions